Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Irrelevant

Here I sit and type,
With far greater things I could be doing.
I could invoke the muse,
A noble aspect worth pursuing.
Yet here I am, devoted to this screen.
An unworthy hobby if ever there has been.
Much rather would I save my time for games or play
But what else am I gonna do today?

The mouse was clicked with uncertain resolve, and his eyes scanned the screen for the immediate hint that his post had been published. He felt the old fierce pull of blood exacting the general human condition upon him. He knew his post was only as permanent as the internet, an outdated mode of communication by universal standards. It was only a matter of time before the lines crashed, the servers gave in to ruin and the internet as he knew it was little more than an archaic waste of plastic and metal making up the momentary structure that was the World Wide Web.

No comments: